Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Unexpected conversations...

You ever have those chance meetings that result in conversations that catch you out of left field? I had one of those today. I went out to our RSOI tents to do a new arrival orientation -- rather I gave a ride to someone going out to this session - and because our HR representatives were half hour late, being the operations manager - I took over and started without them.

When I was done with my "Welcome to Afghanistan....." schpeil....I stepped to the side and let some of the subject matter experts take over and do their thing. That's when a fellow walked up to me and says...."hey - your the guy with the blog right? You know - that 7th son of Mort thing...Good stuff man...keep writing"

Needless to say I was stunned - never figuring anyone outside of those I told about the blog would ever read it, never mind - I'd meet someone by chance who'd read it...

He then goes on to ask me..."How's your wife doing? Over the Pneumonia yet?"

Gotta admit, took me way off guard and made me do a big double take about this blogging thing.

Anyway - it was a blogworthy conversation...and he's probably reading this right now.....He's an HR Manager for DynCorp here in Kandahar, so I'm sure I'll be seeing alot more of him.

2 comments:

  1. Hi David,

    Your blog came up on a google alert and I'm following with interest. I'm an airport planner with CH and our group does some work in country as well. Keep writing. It's fascinating!
    Angela Jamison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sweetie, WOW! Ya know as your wife I want you to know it is very impresive to know you are not only working, have a family and I am sure U wish you would or COULD just get thru all this! But more important, do you realize after 19 yrs together we are still missionaries?! I have at least 6 people who are VERY interested in our beliefs! Do we strugle, AH, YA! We CAN & more important YOU CAN DO THIS! I know I am not used to you being away for so long & to boot we have missed our B-days, Halloweeen and THANKS-GIVING! This is the toughest! I don't have to tell you here comes the hardest of them ALL! With your Boy's 16 and 4&half, MAN! Your the smart one in this thing we are doing! How do I keep up the MAGIC! For My Boy's to MEN during the toughest time of year! CHRIST-MAS! It is tough with one child who DOES BELIEVE! And the eldest with NO belief in the spirit of the holidays! WE ALL MISS YOU! I can not even believe how FAR I have come and US! Your sweet notes & FLOWER'S brighten my day! And week for that matter! Thank you for all your hard work! You are LOVED! I so appreciate all you do for your family and country! Keep BELIEVEING IN THE things that make all this worth it! Wish me luck with your boy's! It gets a tad lonley, (ALOT REALLY!) You are the best husband a wife could EVER HOPE & Pray for! XOXO, oh I GOT IT! Mi Corazon! Alwas in my HEART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Forever Thine, Forever Mine, Forever "OUR'S"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love your Special K with a splash of JOY! We Love You Babe! over:)

    ReplyDelete