Saturday, December 26, 2009

Do you know the way to ..... Denver...doesn't Rhyme does it?

R&R - finally - woohooo!! I'm going home for a blessed short time..

So - how does one get home from a place like Kandahar? Not many ways - but luckily - There is a twice weekly flight from KDH to Kuwait City - with a stop in Muscat, Oman for refueling. Then on to Kuwait - Washington D.C. - Denver.

I'm sitting in the Kuwait City Airport right now - waiting for a 12:40am Non-stop from her to Dulles in Washington. I left Kandahar at about 4pm Local time on Saturday the 26th, and will arrive home at 10:20am on Sunday the 27th. So - really only lose a half a day going home, even though it takes more than 24 hours to do it.

Anyway - I'm excited to be home - with my family. I hope they are as excited to see me.

2 comments:

  1. Woohooo!!! I'm soooo excited for you to get to go home. Even if it is only for a short time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can"t wit babe! It's after 4 a.m & I just can't sleep! That & cleaning, hair, nails the rght out fit! What can I say! After 4 months of dealing with kids and just looking at our Christmas tree full oof giftsmailnly for our 4 yr. old! You will be so proudof him! He has only opened two thigs! He went to bed at 1 am finallay! He ad the greatest smile on his face! Jake is a bit more freakin! He knows you will e his room and report card! And even the pets are acting odd! YOUR PALACE AWAITS YOU! You just might have to wait for your wife to relax a bit so my pain level goes down! YOU GET A WHITE CHRISTMAS! I even made it i to get my hari looking good and nails done! In between trying to finish your gifts! I CAN NO WAIT TO SLEEP! Yes it is trur, you are with me to the point I NEVER SLEEP! i have to know you are sfe as well as the kids! I WILL BE THERE! If I am late it is warming up YOUR truck since it takes FOREVER & it's FREEZING!!!! We get our ONE celebeation of a New YEAR filled with MANY ANOTHER YEAR! JUST send me to MX CANCUN ALONE! After you go andI will be GREAT Well, that is a relative word in our lives now! Mi Corazon! BUENUAS NOUCHES! LOL!!! See ya in a few Hours! Baby, I CAN NOT WAIT TO HOLD YOU! I have forgotten what all the tings people take for granite each day! You know zi just want this OVER! BUT, I will do as I need to to support MY MAN! My Heart is VERY FULL with HOPE! We can get you HOME FOR GOOD! Lets HIT it Babe! I M Your Gal fo the JOB! ALL MY LOVE and Thank You! You ROCK MY WOTLD! FOEVER & ETERNITY! See ya in 6 hrs. I will take a nap! Roads are VERY slick so I gotta drive easy! K! Se Ya SOON! SANTA BABY!Karen XOOOOOOXOOOOOXOOO

    ReplyDelete