Thursday, October 15, 2009

One week down...

Well - its been an interesting week in my life, finding me here in Kandahar, Afghanistan. Interesting place this NATO military base. It's different I find from the normal military base that I'm used too - that being a US Military base.

I ate at a British coffee shop earlier in the week, and paid a whopping $1.90 for a pastry filled with cheese and onions plus 2 cokes. Best deal I've had in years. Later that day - I ate at a French bakery and had a smoked salmon baguette.

Now, I know I've ruined the image I may have created earlier about what a hole this place is - please don't be fooled - it's still a hole - it's just our NATO partners tend to be a little bit more "european" in their approach to the basics of life support - as opposed to the Semi trailer mounted pizza hut offered up by the Americans.

Only in a place like this.....

No comments:

Post a Comment