Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Countdown Begins

Vail, CO

This is Karen's last chance to get away, enjoy herself and be "kid free" prior to my impending departure for Afghanistan. Karen is a wonderful woman, and is going to need all the blessings and help she can stand for the next year. She won't ask for it, so it's up to me to make sure things are arranged so that she gets it anyway. I feel bad - like a bad husband, and a bad father, but I'm not sure how else to conquer the challenges we have as a family. I love my wife.

It's beautiful here, peaceful - nothing better than Colorado in July and August. It's been the wettest July I can remember, and the mountains, valley's and prairies are as green you could hope for.

Last week I was able to see 5 of my 6 brothers as well as my mom and many cousins at the Arvin and Emma Mortensen family reunion in Alpine, AZ. Jonah and I had a road trip for the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment